ECE 564 Computer Vision Assignment 6
Submit the usual HTML documentation and source code on Isidore.
- Use the photograph 2018-03-07_17-37-34.JPG and camera intrinsics obtained earlier to find the
target board extrinsics. Determine the location of the camera and checkerboard
relative to the hallway. You can use the
corner data in
corners.mat. Calculate the “look-down” of the camera.
Use the photographs taken of the camera to obtain another measure of the “look-down” angle.
- Construct a
tform to show a top-view of the hallway from 2018-03-07_17-37-34.JPG.
Use the same
tform to warp the last four images acquired.
- Construct a layout drawing similar to the one shown below,
showing the geometry of the hallway, the position and orientation of the camera and the bottom of the
camera field of view.
- Given a triangle represented by three principal vanishing points, write a MATLAB code to determine
the orthocenter and distances d1 and d2 for each vertex. Check
that the focal length formula gives the same result for each case.
- Write a MATLAB function to determine the Euler line of a triangle. Demonstrate that
the three centers do in fact lie on the Euler line (see references)
- Use CV2018_01-31subset.zip to construct an “ortho triangle”
to determine the orthocenter
(principal point) and focal length of the camera. Compare to the MATLAB camera calibration you
performed in an earlier assignment.
Construct a diagram similar to the example below.
Orthocenter of a triangle (Wikipedia)
Orthocenter (with animation)
(Math Open Reference)
Euler line (Wikipedia)
Euler line (Math Open Reference)