ECE 564 Computer Vision Assignment 1
Images for this assignment may be downloaded from
Submit your work through Isidore. Include an HTML document called
giving an overall summary of your answers and links to published MATLAB documentation where appropriate.
Include all MATLAB code and images referenced in the MATLAB code.
- Obtain an outdoor image with GPS Information encoded (preferably one you have taken yourself)
geoloc to obtain details about the camera and the GPS position.
imshow to display the image.
- Use Google maps to generate a map and a satelite image of the location.
- Sometimes the GPS location is off a bit, since it takes time for the GPS value to settle in.
If this happens, mark the Google map image at the correct location of the camera (if you know it)
impixel to find the color of the bird's
feathers, feet, and eyes in the image below. Use the full-scale image in
the zipped resources above. Generate an image of the
bird with the three sample locations marked. Generate another image showing the three colors
as three 50 x 50 colored boxes.
- Use the imdistline command in Matlab to determine the image
resolution (pixels per inch) of xruler.tif
as accurately as possible. The image below is a reduced version
- Find the resolution (pixels per meter) and linear field-of-view
of the urban image cup_chip.tif
(shown below) using features such as the football field or tennis
court which have well-known dimensions.
- Find the resolution (pixels per meter) and linear field-ofte-view
of image parked_cars.jpg at the distance of the license plates.
(shown below) using features such as the width of the parking spots or the
size of the license plates (see Ohio plates) which have well-known dimensions.
imcrop on the original of the above image to extract and display several of the license plates
and identify the license plate number (text format). Also extract, display, and identify the bumper
sticker on one of the cars.
Maintained by John Loomis,
last updated 22 Jan 2017