Your submission should follow our general guidelines. Please follow
- Create a dialog box, similar to that below, that will allow you to create a new resistor object or
modify an existing resistor object. Your test program should demonstrate both capabilities. This dialog box
will be used in later problems.
- Modify an image processing program (such as
to convert a grayscale image to a binary image, by converting the input image to grayscale (if necessary) and
applying a threshold value obtained from a dialog box.
- Write a Java program that allows you to create, select and move resistors around
the screen. See
for some ideas. You should extend objects created in earlier assignments.
- Modify GrowLine.java so that it captures
e.g. MoveTo - LineTo - LineTo - ... This will form the start of
constructing WIRE objects for circuit layout.
- Modify GrowBox.java so that
it behaves the same as the Swing version growbox.java.
You may be able to use code in the JavaFX Rectangle
class, or borrow some of my code from Rect.java
- The file Projectile.zip contains a mortar simulation in Java.
Modify this program to use Swing components. Also edit the textfields to include
initial or suggested values for the parameters, so that you can press the Fire
button immediately. Warning: The Java application does not close down properly when
run by double-clicking. This behavior is one of the problems you must fix.
Maintained by John Loomis,
last updated 20 June 2016