ECE 538 Assignment 1
The goal of this assignment is to (1) demonstrate proper submission of
assignments in HTML format and (2) write some simple Java programs.
- Prepare an HTML document with the filename
- Use h1 for the main title (Assignment 1).
- Use h2 for your name.
- Write a paragraph (or more) listing your major, your goals
for this course (What you you want to accomplish?), and your prior programming
experience and HTML experience.
- Write another paragraph or more demonstrating the use
of italics, bold, and code formats and the use of Greek letters and mathematical
- Finally demonstrate the use of the ordered list (ol).
- Install Java on your notebook computers.
You can download Java SE 8 from
- Write a Java program similar to Hello.java
Demonstrate the use of formats in
printf and the use
of string concatenation in Java. Your program should
use multiple features of these functions and be unique.
- Write an html file to document the code and output above. Place this
file in a separate directory and put a hyperlink to this file in your
- Write a program using console dialog (see
to read two or more resistance values and calculate the total resistance
if the resistors are in series and if the resistors are in parallel.
- Modify the program to use command line arguments for the resistance
Maintained by John Loomis,
last updated 12 May 2014