Microelectronics Assignment 8
Document your work in a Microsoft Word document or PDF.
You must submit your SPICE
schematics and other associated files.
- Use the TG multiplexer from assignment 7 to construct a D-latch.
Verify its operation in LTSpice.
- Construct and verify the operation of the following D-latch design in LTSpice.
- Design a Master-Slave flip-flop from two D-latches. Verify its operation in LTSpice.
You may find that one of the above D-latch designs works better than the other.
- Determine the setup and hold times for the above device. Show simulations where the
operation just fails and just succeeds for both cases.
- Identify the circuits and create corresponding transistor circuit
schematics for the devices in
- Produce a colored Powerpoint layout of the B/W circuit assigned to
you in schmidt_designs.xlsx.
Use the color scheme in
models.ppx. The designs are shown
- Design a Schmidt trigger in LTSpice with the parameters given for
high and low transistion in the attached spreadsheet schmidt_designs.xlsx.
Use LTSPice to verify your design (try sinusoidal input and measure
the switching points).
- Design and simulate the operation of an 10MHz oscillator
based on your Schmidt trigger design. Use LTSpice.