ECE 215 Assignment 1
Do textbook problems 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5, and 1-6
The problems are repeated here for those who do not have the
- List the octal and hexadecimal numbers from 16 to 32. Using A and B for the last two digits, list the numbers from 10 to 26 in base 12.
- What is the exact number of bytes in a system that contains (a) 32K byte, (b) 64M bytes, and (c) 6.4G byte?
- What is the largest binary number that can be expressed with 12 bits? What is the equivalent decimal and hexadecimal?
- Convert the following numbers with the indicated bases to
decimal: (4310)5 and (198)12
- Determine the base of the numbers in each case for the following operations to be correct: (a) 14/2 = 5; (b) 54/4 = 13, (c) 24 + 17 = 40.
- The solution to the quadratic equation x2 -
11 x + 22 = 0 is x = 3 and x = 6. What is the base of the numbers?
Maintained by John Loomis,
last updated 10 May 2005